Bolivar

Hardeman County Courthouse

Court Square, Bolivar, TN; Hardeman Co. Chamber,P.O. Box 313, Bolivar, TN 38008; (731) 658-6554;Web Site: www.hardemancountychamber.org
The centerpieces of historic Hardeman County are its courthouses. Its first, built in 1824, is the earliest surviving courthouse in West Tennessee and now serves as the Little Courthouse Museum. The second, burned by Union forces in 1864, was replaced in 1868 by the current Italianate style courthouse.

Bolivar Historic Districts

Hardeman County Chapter, Association for Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities, Hardeman County Chamber,P.O. Box 313, Bolivar, TN 38008; (731) 658-6554;Web Site:  www.hardemancountychamber.org
Bolivar is graced with three distinct historic districts. The North Main District contains more than 20 homes ranging in dates from the 1840s to the 1940s representing many architectural styles. Court Square District includes the 1868 Courthouse, as well as one of the only three log courthouses left in the U. S.; Bills-McNeal Historic District contains several outstanding antebellum mansions. Special arrangements for groups welcomed.